Under Heavy Construction. But waiting is worth it !!!!
Alpha 0.2 June 3rd
Good news and Bad news here. First the good news.
- November 3'rd and I started to work on LinSat again.
I was super busy with personal stuff and also to keep up with the changes in
the open source comunity (mozilla,
to name a few).
- TrollTech has released version Qt 3.0
Decided to change build to use Qt 3.0 for future compatibility.
- I upgraded my system to Kernel 2.4.13, (latest version is
2.4.14-Pre7). Could not get Internet connected because pppd was
outdated. Upgraded and are now working in getting my TV-Card and DVD-Drive to work.
But this has taken its timely toll on LinSat since I could not work on the code for a
couple of days.
- September 24'th
I was busy for a couple of weeks generating an OnLine tracking system called
OnTrack. Check it out, this
one works with every OS.
You need IE 5.5 and above, or Mozilla 9.2 and above
Okay folks first off, what is LinSat anyway ?
Okay so you're asking what has been done so far ... LogBook
- It is NOT a one to one copy of GPS !
- It is a complete new program, with all the goodies of GPS
- It is written in Linux with KDevelop and Qt 2.3.0
- It is multilingual using Qt's Linguist capabilities
- It is going to be under GPL
- It is going to be possible to chase satellites
- It is going to be possible to connect a GPS receiver
- The Code :
- Will be much cleaner then GPS
- Much better documented
- Easy extendable
- Have several modules for satellite tracking algorithms
- Will clean up with the sgpsdp class.
- What you need :
- MesaGL (or OpenGL) -> Not yet though
- Qt 2.3.0 or above
- a fast computer
- What you are going to find here :
- Links to MesaGL (or OpenGL) -> Not yet though
- a link to Qt 2.3.0 or above.
- a fast computer ... (aehem, sorry can't help you there)
- all neccesary libraries or links to them.
- When : Soon, please be patient since I have to work also.
Take a peek sneak at the screenshots ... Screenshots
Not enough yet ??? Okay if you really want so here is the very Alpha source ...Download
Author: Varol Okan /
Last Updated: 03 March 2002